What's in my travel makeup bag?

Friday 9 November 2012

Hey everyone :) 
Firstly, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while! I managed to leave my camera charger at home whilst i'm a couple of hours away at uni but I've managed to borrow a friends camera to show you what's in my travel makeup bag. The one that I use is a cosmetics bag from Cath Kidston and I find it's the perfect size for a weekend away.
Over the weekend I actually went away to Dublin for two of my friends' 21st's so thought I would show you the makeup and brushes that came away with me!





Face Products: To prime my skin, I took my Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer. This product is great, mainly due to the fact it is water based meaning it doesn't clog my pores but still manages prolongs my makeup without feeling too heavy on the skin. I then took my Dr Jart Water Fuse BB Cream which is my favourite base at the moment as it is looks so natural and still lasts well on my combination skin. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum only has one purpose for me, which is my 'going out' foundation as it has no SPF but a natural finish. My concealer of choice was the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection which I just used around any pigmentation on my cheeks and on my dark circles.

Cheek Products: For my cheeks, I kept it relatively simple only taking three products. For contouring, I took my all time favourite bronzer Nars Laguna which is the perfect shade when used with a light hand on fair skin. I only bought one blush, which doubled as a blush and highlight which was MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Light Year' which comes out as a flattering nude on the cheeks. To powder my skin, I used my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium which I find sets my makeup without looking cakey.



Eye Products: For priming my eyeshadows I used my MAC Paint Pot in 'Painterly' which is basically the perfect base for evening out any discolouration around my eyes and to prolong eyeshadow. For eyeshadow I took my MAC Palette which consists of All That Glitters, Ricepaper, Sable and Satin Taupe. I particularly love Sable for a night out! I took my Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in 'Nude' to brighten up my eye area and my all time favourite mascara Max Factor 2000 Calorie - it's amazing!
Just because I forgot to include it in my brush photo, I use the Eco Tools Eyeliner Brush to fill in my brows and the other is the MAC Short Shader Brush which is great for doing the 'V' on your eye and my Tweezerman eyelash curlers!

Eyebrow Products: My brow colour of choice is my MAC eyeshadow in 'Espresso' which is a great matte brown for dark haired girls. To set my brows, I use the elf Clear Brow Set which does such a good job and it's so cheap!



Lip Products: I kept my lip choices relatively simple, taking only three which is an achievement for me! For daytime, I chose either my MAC Lipstick in 'Lady Bug' which is a sheer red or the Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine. For night time, I wore my favourite red lipstick which is MAC's 'Charmed I'm Sure' from the Marilyn Monroe Collection.



Brushes: Finally, are the brushes I took with me. I kept it simple, taking my Eco Tools Eyeshadow Brush for eyeshadow, Sigma Powder Brush for setting my makeup, Real Techniques Contour Brush for contouring and highlight,  Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for my foundation, MAC 109 Brush for my blush and Real Techniques Setting Brush for concealer and setting powder under my eyes.

So there you have it! If you would like to see any in depth reviews of any of these products please let me know!

Katherine xo

6 comments:

  1. I love the RT brushes! Just did a review on them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! expert face brush is so underrated too :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation :) It's one of my favourites
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great foundation for a nice natural finish :) x

      Delete
  3. The Korres lip butter & real techniques brushes are favourites of mine. The lipsticks look gorgeous!x
    britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete