Barry M Collection

Tuesday 11 December 2012

As you might be able to tell from my backlog of posts, I love nail polish. I literally can't go a day with nothing on my nails. The biggest collection from a brand I have are Barry M polishes. I find these last really well on my nails with a good top coat and have a beautiful range of colours. There was actually a time I owned every single Barry M polish on the website but cut it down to my favourites when I started realising I never got to wear half of them!
They are definitely my favourite forumlation and great for the price (usually between £2.99-£3.99 but on offers a lot). With that being said, here's my collection...




From L-R

Raspberry - as the same suggests this is a raspberry red colour with pink undertones.

Red Glitter - again, as the name says this is a red glitter polish. This is definitely a christmas shade for me and I pretty much wear this every year around the festive period.

Burgundy - I never really see this shade spoken about but it's a dark purpley red shade with sheen to it. It's really a lovely shade, it definitely deserves more recognition.

Coral - I'd say this is more an orange red shade than a coral but one of my favourites, it's a go to colour when I don't know what colour I want to wear.

Racing Green - Another amazing shade that is never spoken about, a beautiful emerald green I think would look amazing on any skin tone

Navy - This colour goes with anything, a navy with a shimmer running through it

Berry Ice Cream - This is from their pastel range so the name 'berry' may be a little misleading. This colour is a definite favourite for me alongside Topshop Celestial, a light lilacy shade that is especially perfect in the summer.

Boots LE - I don't know if 'boots' is the name of this but it's all it says underneath! I really like this one because I like purple nails a lot, and this one is bright with a pinky tone to it which is really flattering.

Vivid Purple - I spoke about this shade as well as Racing Green and Navy here, this is a deep shimmery plumish purple, great for this time of year

Pink Flamingo - This is my favourite pink polish because it is more of a light coral colour, it really stands out

Neon Pink - speaking of shades that stand out, this colour is lovely! I use this most on a night out because it's such a shocking neon shade with blue reflects when it hits the light, I really recommend this if your looking for a really bright colour.

Silver Pink - This a new one for me (thanks housemates!) and as the name suggests it's a pinky silver glitter. I've only used this once but I love it for an accent nail with a neutral colour.

Gold LE - Again, this annoyingly has no shade name. It's a gold glitter that sort of looks like shimmery foil on the names. It comes free when you spend £6 in Boots at the moment so worth picking some up for the freebie.

Charmeleon - This is the silver/purple one. It's great for doing some simple nail art because you get a different colour when you apply top coat. The only problem I find is I like to wear top coat all over the nail to stop it from chipping so I'm not totally sold on this one yet

Matte White - I have this shade for one reason and one reason alone, which is that my housemates bought me some dotting tools so I really needed a white shade so I can have polka dot nails. I am yet to test this but expect to see a nail post if it goes right!

Phew! Sorry for all the rambling but I hope this was helpful for anyone looking into getting more/some Barry M polishes. What are your favourite shades?



6 comments:

  1. Great brand,I own some glitters,just lovely.
    I wonder if you would like to follow each other.
    I would also like to invite you to join my Christmas Giveaway
    http://glossylala.blogspot.gr/2012/12/christmas-giveaway-open-internationally.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love barry m, so cheap but often better than most higher priced polishes!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc / @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection! I LOVE Barry M Nail polishes♥ they are my absolute favourites!! I really want to try more of their glitter polishes!
    You have a lovely blog, I followed you! If you have a minute would you mind stopping by my blog too?
    Lots of love,
    MissJammyxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will do :) and thanks! they're my favourites too x

      Delete