Dior Diorskin Nude Shimmer Instant Illuminating Powder

Monday, 28 January 2013




This was a recent naughty purchase that I decided to reward myself after losing a stone (woohoo!) since I've decided it's a great motivator to purchase something from my wishlist everytime I lose a substantial amount. It's been on my wishlist for ages ever since I saw Tanya Burr use it in some of her videos and fell in love with the way it looked when the light hit! It's my first Dior product and I have to say, I'm extremely impressed.

The powder itself is so finely milled and buttery soft. As you can see from swatches below, it's a lovely light golden shade that blends effortlessly to give an amazing glow. It isn't too glittery, it's more of a sheen across your cheeks and doesn't make me look oily at all, just really lovely and healthy! As always with Dior, the packaging is beautiful and sleek, with a handy decent sized mirror inside for topping up any makeup. The spongey applicator is actually pretty good as far as in-product tools come and works well to dab the product onto your cheekbones without overdoing it.



It's usually about £32, but I purchased mine here from Escentual.com for just under £5 cheaper which I don't think is too bad for 10g of high end product!

Have you tried this? What's your favourite highlighter? :)

29 comments:

  1. Oh wow! That is now on my wants list xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely a beautiful one! :) x

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful ! I really do need to give this a try, i Love trying new "highlighters"

    x Liyana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely do, it's really beautiful! :) x

      Delete
  3. I am dying over everything about this! I am SUCH a sucker for Dior. My favorite highlighter though is definitely theBalm's Mary Lou Manizer. It is amazing and works on every skin tone - from my pale self to my roommate's greek skin.
    Great post lady
    xo
    Courtney
    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I will definitely have to check that out! I'm definitely wanting so many more products by them now but don't think my bank balance will allow it! x

      Delete
  4. this is really pretty and looks very versatile!
    i love it!

    im your newest follower :)
    find me at
    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    PS: you have word verification :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah I didn't know, thanks! and it's lovely :) x

      Delete
  5. Ooo this is such a subtle highlighter - I much prefer ones like these to the ones that are super glittery/white. I love Dior too, their packaging is always so appealing and I think they justify the price tag quite well too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it shows up more subtle in the pic than it is in real life but it is the perfect amount of highlight for me! :) x

      Delete
  6. This looks super lovely on your skin.. and snap on the bedsheets! x


    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha everyone has them cos they were a bargain! ;) thanks! x

      Delete
  7. first on all: congrats! secondly: that looks absolutely gorgeous!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you! was hard work haha :) x

      Delete
  8. lovely blog! ^^

    Do you want to follow each other? :)
    http://fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de/

    xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. first off, congrats on losing a stone! thats amazing
    secondly, from now on im totally adopting this whole treat yourself when youve hit your targets... definitely my new motivation! i dont really use highlighters but this looks gorgeous!!
    i think they used it on me when i had my makeup done on the dior counter once


    www.sophie-lm.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) and it definitely works a whole lot better, it's spured me on! x

      Delete
  10. Wow, this looks amazing! xo

    http://www.vipxo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great on you, just wish it was matt and I'd be sold!

    www.SamuelJamesMorris.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I like matteish ones, anything not too glittery but when it hits the light it just looks like a sheen thankfully! :) x

      Delete
  12. I am liking the look of this but the website is looking even better as I hadn't heard of it before so thanks for sharing :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks really pretty on you. Such a pretty colour it bring s to the skin!

    Pipp xx
    http://pippjones281190.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want this big time! It looks fab on you and thanks for the link to Escentual! X x

    CandyxCosmetics.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem! great site for bargain's I find :) xx

      Delete
  15. I always wish I could afford this. It looks gorgeous on x
    lifeandlipsticks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't really but did since I was rewarding myself! x

      Delete