Review: Maybelline Volume Express Rocket Mascara

Saturday 19 January 2013

Maybelline Volume Express Rocket Mascara £7.99 (Maybelline currently buy one get one half price in Boots!)

It's not really like me to pick a mascara up on a whim but when I saw this particular one I thought why not? I really look for a mascara to help define my lashes and hold a curl as my natural ones are pretty long and straight and since getting this I have to say, I'm so glad I did.

Like I hinted before, I hadn't seen any reviews on this but from what I believe it's a pretty recent release. It promises to produce no clumping whilst creating fuller, thicker looking lashes up to 8x their normal size. Though I'm not entirely convinced they're 8x as big, it definitely made my lashes full and kept a curl amazingly well and there were no clumps to speak of! However, as you may see in the photos the real selling point of this mascara is the way is defines and lengthens for me,

The formula itself is very black which is always a plus and doesn't go all dry and flakey on the lashes. It actually felt really lightweight and didn't irritate my sensitive eyes in the slightest. I also had no problems removing this and it came off with absolute ease and didn't smudge throughout the day which is often a problem for me as my eyes can be pretty sensitive and watery but there is a waterproof  version if you prefer.

top picture just curled and bottom picture is wearing mascara 

I actually think this may rival my Max Factor 2000 Calorie as I've rejected it for this everyday since I got it! What's your favourite mascara? Have you tried this?

27 comments:

  1. This mascara looks good! I've got the Maybelline Falsies one and that was a real let down because it clumps really bad! This one looks much better.

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely prefer it to the Falsies as I had the same problem! x

      Delete
  2. Hiya, I have nominated you for the Liebster Blogging award - It's an award for people with under 200 followers. I would like your blog to get recognized as I love reading it.

    Shauni x


    http://shaunib.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried this and I love it! x

    http://andthislittlepiggybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the review and photos! was thinking of getting this one xxx

    http://bangbangamy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mascara looks really great and natural which I like x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya I've tagged you in the 'tag you're it' post here: http://josielcross.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/tag-youre-it.html
    I'd love to hear what you have to say (:

    Josie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live these kind of brushes on mascaras! It's similar to Boombastic by GOSH <3

    L
    http://colorspiritattitude.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ou haven't tried that but will have a look next time! x

      Delete
  8. This looks lovely, I've tried loads of Maybelline mascaras in the past and some of them really impressed me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is definitely the best one of theirs I've tried :) x

      Delete
  9. Never tried this mascara, but heard many good words about it. My favourite is Benfefit "They're real":)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one too, the brush is kind of similar which may be why I love it so much! x

      Delete
  10. Wow this mascara looks like it does the job in rocketing your eyelashes literally! I'm still using telescopic lash but I reckon I'll give this a go after seeing your post x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This mascara looks amazing:) I'm going to pick up on Friday when I go shopping xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love there mascaras www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is definitely my favourite I've tried from them! x

      Delete
  13. I have Maxfactor 2000 calorie too but I agree, the effect of this mascara looks amazing. Plus the price tag isn't too eye watering which is always a plus! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks amazing on your eyes! I'll need to try this one out :)

    ReplyDelete